“It is better to trust in Lord than to put confidence in man.” Psalm 118:8It can be hard to find good role models in this world! People strive to be rich and famous like the movie stars or athletes. We should look to Jesus Christ, first and foremost! He is the best example there is. His character should be the highest standard of living.
We need to be very careful who we aspire to be like in this world. Role models need to earn our respect through their words, behavior and deeds. God gave us an entire Book full of people who lived lives that we can learn lessons from. Some of them have taught us how not to live, and others lived lives that the Lord blessed. Why don’t you look at some of the Godly women from the Bible? These women had strong character. Why not make role models of them?
- Ruth (Ruth 1-4)
- Esther (Esther 1-10)
- Abigail (1 Samuel 25:2-44)
- Lydia (Acts 16: 11-15)
- Mary, Lazarus’ sister (Luke 10:38-42 & John 11, 12:1-8)
- Rachael & Leah (Genesis 29-35)
YOUR ASSIGNMENT THIS WEEK
Pick a women from the Bible (it doesn’t have to be one of the women listed above) and read her story. Then answer the following questions:
- What makes this woman different from the other women I see today?
- What Godly or ungodly characteristics did she demonstrate in her life?
- In what areas can I be like her in my own life?
- Were there any struggles in her life that she had to overcome to continue to serve the Lord? What were they, and how did she respond to them?
Instead of looking to others as a role model, look for samples given in the Bible. You’ll be surprises at what you may find!
“What Every Girl Should Know” by Myklin Vinson